transcriptions of any thoughts that occupy me for more than 5 minutes

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

(blues) rock me

i'm onsite in seattle (actually bellevue) with a company that my company is working with on a project (i know, it sounds wicked cool). i'm sitting in this one guy's cube for the day. he's currently away at a meeting, but he's playing some music on his computer, and by "music" i mean "blues rock".

is there a more vapid genre? i mean, seriously. no disrespect intended to blues lovers.
while i'm not a big blues fan, i certainly respect the work of pioneers like robert johnson, muddy waters, blind willie so-and-so, etc., and would like to check out more of that stuff.

but blues rock, to these ears, is a whole other animal. i'm 99% sure that there has only been one blues rock song written, ever. every song since then has been a cover of that song. done poorly.

apologies to blues rock fans. i know that when you're not feelin' a particular genre of music, it has a tendency to all sound the same. i'm sure others might feel similarly if they perused my music collection. of course, the key difference here is that they would be wrong, whereas i am right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you might be wrong, until I saw :
"the key difference here is that they would be wrong, whereas i am right."
I guess it was me.

10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home